Learn Structured Query
Language & Open the Door to Multiple Job Opportunities!
Structured Query Language (SQL) is one of the most In-Demand skills you can possess.
Many land jobs, promotions, or start new career paths as a result of learning SQL.
- Add this In-Demand Skill to your Resume.
- No Experience with Coding or Databases Required.
- Gain Hands-on Experience & Interact with a Skilled Professor.
- Each unit contains Practice Examples, Videos, a Quiz, & Assignments.
In this course you will learn Introduction through Advanced SQL. You will complete activities that enable you to see SQL queries in action, test your knowledge, practice what you learned and ask questions about the course material. You will learn about the history and uses of Structured Query Language, the relational database structure, and how to use SQL to create databases, create tables, and how to extract meaningful data from a database.
You will write queries to query a single table and multiple tables simultaneously. You will also learn how to alter tables and data stored in the database. You'll also learn how to write powerful queries that perform complicated searches and sorts on your data as well as how to gather significant statistics from data stored in the database.
A free download of SQL Server is available in the course.
- Windows 10 or later. Macs are not compatible.
- Necessary rights (local administrative rights) to install programs on the computer.
Certificate of Completion.
- Welcome to the course!
- Unit 1: The Relational Database and Structured Query Language (5:50)
- Unit 2: Table Management (9:53)
- Unit 3: Selecting and Retrieving Data (10:52)
- Unit 4: Filtering Data (8:50)
- Unit 5: Creating Calculated Fields and Using Aggregate Functions (10:49)
- Unit 6: Using Clauses in Structured Query Language (13:39)
- Unit 7: Creating Table Joins (22:54)
- Unit 8: Creating Subqueries (13:42)
- Unit 9: Creating Advanced Subqueries (12:45)
- Unit 10: Creating Advanced Joins (15:52)
- Unit 11: Creating Union Queries (11:10)
- Unit 12: Transaction Processing, Stored Procedures, Triggers (11:57)
- Course Completion!
Dr. Cecelia Allison
I love teaching SQL and I am delighted to be your instructor for the course. I am a course developer, published author, technical writer, and an online professor with more than 20 years of hands-on experience using and teaching SQL. I have taught over 90,000 students SQL worldwide and many of my students land jobs, promotions, or start new career paths in data related careers as a result of taking my courses. I am the author of two popular SQL books entitled SQL Simplified: Learn to Read and Write Structured Query Language and SQL for Microsoft Access. Through my past employment as a technical specialist, software tester, and teaching SQL, I have gained extensive experience in writing and implementing SQL. My educational background includes a Doctor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems, a Master of Science in Information Systems, and a Bachelor of Science in Finance.